Friday, January 18, 2008

Tortured Soul's New Set & In The Studio With DJ Gomi

I don't know my deal, I been popping awake by 9 every day this week.  Maybe I'm still jetlagged, somehow, from New Year's in Seoul and Manila with my band, Tortured Soul, but normally I sleep my 7 hours at a rather shifted phase, starting at 5 am.


Well at least I was bright eyed and bushy tailed for our rehearsal at 1.  It's too bad the the guy at the rehearsal space on avenue b was still passed out somewhere, not answering his phone or buzzer.  So the three of us caught up on the street, drinking watery coffee and discussing album release plans & shirt and tie accessories, breaking periodically to press the buzzer again.  We did get in after about a half hour, and worked on new bits and pieces for the Brooklyn show next month - that is, whenever Jason's amp didn't flip into deafening white noise.  

Christian was happy to see the same napkin covered in dried pizza sauce he saw the last rehearsal, still lying by his drum stool.  

Our sound guy Hiro stopped by to say hello, he's been in Japan for the past month mixing some Japanopop music.  He brought us all lucky charms from a temple in Okinawa






Today I met DJ Gomi, FINALLY.  I remixed his song Glad I Found You last fall for release on Blaze Imprints, but this was the first time we actually hung out.  I dropped by his slick pad in midtown to work on a track for his next album due out on Columbia Japan.  He rolled a beat and I put down some harmonies, bass lines, etc.  The demo's off to Barbara Tucker, let's hope she digs it cuz that would be the boooommmmbbb



big love!
e

No comments: